Unit Coordinator - Emergency DepartmentJob Ref: 19603
Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Department: Emergency Department
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day/Eve shift
Reporting to the Nurse Director, Emergency Services or designee, responsible for overall unit activity and efficiency and providing secretarial/clerical support to the department. Interacts with physicians, staff, EMS and pre-hospital personnel as well as patients and their family or significant others.
- High school graduate required.
- Previous secretarial experience with demonstrated computer and word processing skills required.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Not required.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Telephone manners.
- Organizational skills.
- Data entry skills.
- Computer skills.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.