SPD/OR LiaisonJob Ref: 20965
Category: Service & Trade
Department: Sterile Processing
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Variable Shifts
Hours: 6a-230p, 9am-530pm, 11am-730pm, 1pm-930pm, 230pm-11pm, 11pm-11am
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Central Sterile Processing Department, supervises shift activities of the sterile processing staff. Facilitates order and receipt of instrumentation, equipment, and specific supplies utilized in operating rooms. Supervises staff performing instrument sterilization and case cart preparation. Functions as a direct liaison with the Perioperative Services Managers to respond to emergent needs for equipment and supplies, as well as resolution of concerns regarding reprocessing activities, including quality of service and instrument availability. Ensures quick and timely resolution of related issues by providing direction to and communicating with reprocessing staff. Participates with CSPD Manager in development of new or revised policies and procedures, and adheres to TJC, AORN and AAMI guidelines. Ensures staff meets or exceeds customer expectations through continued quality monitoring and coaching for improvements. Functions as primary resource to nursing managers for all sterile processing activities to enhance customer service by addressing and resolving operational concerns. Collaborates with operating room staff to ensure a smooth start to the operative schedule for the following job functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- Three years progressively more responsible related experience in operating room setting or similar position to include practical experience in aseptic techniques, surgical instrumentation, surgical procedures and materials management.
- Experience should demonstrate effective leadership/management and high level of organizational and communication skills, as well as effective management of competing priorities.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of decontamination and sterilization methods, surgical instrumentation and surgical case cart management, and be able to perform reprocessing technician responsibilities in a critical situation.
Licensure and/or Certification:
- Sterile Processing Technician Certificate CBSPD / CRCST required
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.