Senior Mental Health CounselorJob Ref: 22341
Category: Behavioral & Mental Health
Department: North 5 (Psych)
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Eve shift
Reporting to the Director, Behavioral Health Nursing, serves as a role model and resource for mental health counselors on the assigned unit. Facilitates comprehensive care appropriate to the age and functional level of the patients served on their assigned unit, under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, and in accordance with the stated philosophy and objectives of the Behavioral Health Department and Nursing Service Department. The Senior Mental Health Counselor is accountable for the safety and quality of care delivered by self and in delivered within the counselor role on the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a field related to mental health preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in inpatient psychiatric environment.
- Minimum one year employment within Emerson Behavioral Health.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- BLS healthcare provider required.
- CPI achieved within 30 days of hire required.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mentoring and precepting skills.
- Advanced group therapy skills.
- Counseling skills using ACT,DBT,or CBT models.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills. Must have the ability to document and develop informational materials in Meditech and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.