RADIOGRAPHER URGENT CAREJob Ref: 22205
Category: Radiology & Imaging
Department: Urgent Care Littleton
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day/Eve shift
Hours: 8:00 - 8:00, 9:00-5:00
Reports to Emerson Practice Associates (EPA) Urgent Care Practice Manager or designee manager, and works under the direct supervision of the urgent care physician(s) and under supervision of Radiology Director. The radiographer is technologically supported by the Emerson Hospital Radiology Section Leader. As a radiographer, it is necessary for the use of ionizing radiation to produce images to tissues, organs, bones and vessels that assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury. Provide support the physicians in a fast-paced environment to treat various types of ailments, while also supporting the medical assistant and support staff with a team approach to clinical flow and necessary duties
- Graduate of an education program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) required
- Minimum of one-year experience as a Radiographer, preferable relevant work experience in an urgent care or emergency room, but not required.
Licensure and/or Certification:
- Currently registered as ARRT(R) or registry - eligible with ARRT(R) within 6 months of hire required.
- Current licensure as a Radiographer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
- CPR/BLS certification required
- Basic computer skills, familiarity with electronic medical record systems, Microsoft Office/Excel/Word and Outlook, and use computer based scheduling to record and maintain demographic, scheduling and related information.
- Computer proficient in PACs and RIS
- Ability to read, understand and interpret instructions, write, and communicate in the English language and accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidential information required
- Teamwork, patience, and a caring demeanor.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced and demanding environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong, positive, and professional customer service skills, with experience to handle escalated issues with patients, families on the phone and in person.
- Familiarity of office and laboratory procedures.
- Strong aptitude for detail with excellent critical thinking, multitasking, problem solving and organization skills.