PlumberJob Ref: 20509
Category: Service & Trade
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Under general supervision of the Engineering Supervisor or designee and according to established procedures, performs various duties to plan, construct, install, repair and service tasks on hospital buildings and equipment. Installs, repairs and replaces fixtures. Performs work from diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacture’s specifications, written or verbal instructions. Assists other tradesmen as needed.
- High school or technical school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program in plumbing.
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience in building maintenance, plumbing systems, steam and hot water heating systems and low pressure boilers.
- Prefer hospital experience.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Current valid drivers license for operating motor vehicles in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current plumbers license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of hand cutting tools, electric saws, routers, tap and die threading and cutting systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, Joint Commission, EPA and national building codes.
- Maintains and supports patient rights to care, privacy, and respect.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.