Physical Therapist- ScoliosisJob Ref: 22041
Category: Physical Therapy
Emerson Hospital, 133 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord, MA 01742
Department: Westford Physical Therapy
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Eve shift
- Reporting to the Supervisor of the Pediatric Service Line or designee, and be part of a multi-disciplinary team; the Scoliosis Physical Therapist is responsible for all patient care assessments, treatments and related duties, providing comprehensive care appropriate to the age of the patients served in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the department. The Physical Therapist's responsibilities include assessment, planning, treatment, and ongoing evaluation of the provision of care for the scoliosis patient population, as well as up to 50% either orthopedic, neurological or pediatric patients depending on their area of expertise. Ideal candidate will have their Schroth or SEAS certification and clinical expertise in the treatment of scoliosis patients, including knowledge of bracing, working as part of a team and be able to clearly communicate with the patient and their family members relevant clinical knowledge and home program.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited Physical Therapy program required.
- Previous outpatient experience strongly preferred.
Licensure and/or Certification
- Schroth or SEAS Certification
- BLS required within 4 months from hire.
- Current license to practice physical therapy in Massachusetts required.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with patients and their family members relevant clinical knowledge and home program
- Clinical expertise for the age and type of patients seen.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must execute sound judgment all duties.
- Courteous and professional manner when dealing with people in person and on the phone.
- Ability to prioritize workload and respond to urgent needs.
- Committed to Service Excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.