Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Urgent CareJob Ref: 22052
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Emerson Hospital, 133 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord, MA 01742
Department: Urgent Care Littleton
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Eve shift
Hours: 8:00-8:00, 9:00-5:00
- The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (NP/PA) provides evaluation and management to urgent care clinic patients. This work will be in collaboration with the supervising urgent care physician involved in the patient’s care.
- The supervising physician of record will be an Emerson Practice Associate (EPA) physician for purposes of establishing a collaboration agreement for licensure and prescribing status as well as periodic performance reviews. The degree of autonomy of the NP/PA’s daily practice will depend on the details of each particular clinic and the preferences and skills of the NP/PA.
- The NP/PA works in accordance with Hospital privileges.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Master’s or Doctoral Degree required
- Previous experience in an Urgent care and/or emergency department environment strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years experience working as a PA or NP
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Current license as a Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant in Massachusetts required.
- National certification with recertification as required every six years (this is required for Massachusetts licensure)
- Must be able to attain and maintain privileges at Emerson Hospital as Nurse Practitioner.
- BLS healthcare provider required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.