Nurse PractitionerJob Ref: 19583
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Department: Pedi Hospitalist
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day shift
Reporting to the Director of Hospital Medicine, provides daily evaluation and management to inpatients. This work will be in collaboration with the hospitalist service physician or surgical attending physician, and any physician specialists involved with each patient.
The supervising physician of record will be one of the hospitalist physicians for purposes of establishing a collaboration agreement for licensure and prescribing status as well as periodic performance reviews. A second supervising physician may be established for surgical cases. Day-to-day nurse practitioner patient care supervision may be delegated to any one of the on-site hospitalist physicians or surgeons, as applicable. The degree of autonomy of the nurse practitioner’s daily practice will depend on the details of each particular case and the preferences and skills of the NP. The NP will always have access to an on-site hospitalist for help with clinical evaluation, decision-making and logistical back-up.
The NP works in accordance with Hospital privileges.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree and an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Acute-Care Nursing Practitioner Diploma or Adult Nurse Practitioner graduate with 2 years of acute care or inpatient experience.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Current licensure as nurse practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
- National certification with recertification as required every six years.
- ACLS certification required.
- BLS Healthcare provider required.
- Must be able to attain and maintain privileges at Emerson Hospital as Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner
- Strong clinical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, and communication in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.