Nurse Manager Postpartum and Special Care NurseryJob Ref: 19580
Category: Nurse Manager
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
The Nurse Manager, with the Director, Obstetrical Nursing, assumes 24-hour responsibility for management of Postpartum, Special Care Nursery, Well Newborn Nursery and Lactation units, and allocation of resources. Management includes provision of appropriate staffing and skill mix, and sufficient equipment and supplies to meet the nursing care needs of the patient population. This position has administrative and operational responsibilities and participates with the nursing team in care planning and delivery, utilizing the nursing process to provide appropriate comprehensive care, in accordance with the stated philosophy and objectives of the Nursing Service Department and the OB Department.
- ï‚¾ Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
- ï‚§ Experience:
- ï‚¾ Minimum five years of experience in OB nursing with demonstrated leadership abilities required
- ï‚¾ Evidence of continued professional growth and knowledge of new trends and developments in nursing and patient care
- ï‚¾ Previous supervisory experience preferred
ï‚§ Licensure and/or Certification:
- ï‚¾ Current licensure to practice professional nursing in Massachusetts required
- ï‚¾ BLS healthcare provider required.
- ï‚¾ NRP achieved within 3 months of hire