Nurse Manager - ICUCCUJob Ref: 18163
Category: Nurse Manager
Emerson Hospital, 133 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord, MA 01742
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Reporting to the Associate Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for the delivery of professional nursing care and the allocation of resources for the Critical Care Unit. The manager will assure that there is adequate management of human and fiscal resources to ensure appropriate staffing and skill mix, and sufficient equipment and supplies to meet the patient care needs for this patient population. The manager is responsible for quality patient care and regulatory compliance .
Accepts responsibility as the administrative supervisor as needed by supporting the clinical operations of the organization as a whole. In the absence of the Administrator On Call assumes responsibility as the incident commander during an emergency until the AOC arrives onsite and assumes responsibility.
The Nurse Manager is responsible to the patient and the family or significant others, medical staff and hospital administration for the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care delivered.
- Bachelor’s of science in nursing required.
- Masters degree in nursing preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in a leadership position preferred.
Licensure and/or Certification
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing in Massachusetts required.
- Certification in clinical specialty preferred.
- BLS healthcare provider required.
- ACLS and PALS required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, financial management, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.