Helpdesk SupervisorJob Ref: 21574
Category: Information Technology
Department: I.S. / Telecom
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Reporting to the Director of IS Technology, the Helpdesk Supervisor oversees staffing and operation of the Emerson IS Helpdesk team. This is a hands-on technical position that involves troubleshooting and resolving technical issues and mentoring Helpdesk support technicians of all levels.
Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects, tasks and issues. Responsible for coordinating customer service requests, setting priorities, communicating status, and managing service escalation requests. Coordinates and maintains staffing and phone support schedules. Maintains inventory of spare and replacement workstations and peripherals.
Responsible for managing customer service requests, setting goals and priorities, and oversight of IS Helpdesk operations. Develop and continually improve processes, procedures, and workflow, to improve on IS service, quality, and performance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or related specialty, or minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in systems engineering or information systems related field.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on technical experience supporting end user workstations and peripherals preferably as a member of a Helpdesk team.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Licensure and/or Certification
- ITIL certification preferred but not required.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong technical skills related to computer workstations, applications and peripherals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Helpdesk management, analytical problem solving, system planning, overseeing computer systems operations, and organizing and managing an end user support team.
- Able to function independently and develop direction for his/her area of responsibility.
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative.
- Able to interact favorably with people, and work effectively as a team leader and team member.
- Ability to communicate on interpersonal and technical levels both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.