ED Care ManagerJob Ref: 18393
Category: Nurse Case Manager
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day/Eve shift
Hours: 11am -7PM
Reporting to the Director, Care Coordination, during scheduled working hours, the E.D.Care Coordinator will determine appropriateness for hospital level of care, including designation as observation or inpatient, using agreed to appropriateness criteria, InterQual. The E.D. Care Coordinator will also interview patient and/or family/significant other, as clinically appropriate, identifying patients meeting “High Risk Screening” criteria and any potential discharge planning needs. The Emergency Department Care Coordinator actively promotes communication between patient, Primary Care Physician, family/significant other and E.D. staff to maximize outcomes. This communication will result in promoting the development of a treatment plan and plan for post acute care based upon the patient’s input and goals and in making appropriate referrals to Social Work and other allied health care providers.
- Graduate of professional accredited nursing school required.
- BSN preferred
- 5-6 years medical surgical nursing preferred
- 1-2 years home care or case management preferred.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Current Massachusetts RN license required.
- BLS healthcare provider required.
- CCM preferred
- Communication skills
- Assessment skills
- Critical thinking skill
- Organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work Independently
- Computer skills required
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to establish effective relationships with wide variety of health care providers