Central Sterile Processing Lead TechJob Ref: 19872
Category: Service & Trade
Department: Sterile Processing
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evening shift
Under the general supervision of the Manager of the Sterile Processing Department will provide shift leadership and guidance to SPD technicians and serve as a preceptor to new hires. Assist in assuring that departmental SOPs and the facilities Policies are followed. Interprets next day surgical schedule and identifies the Operating room needs for the day and the next day. Identifies surgical sets requiring turnover for the day. Oversees staff performances in all arear of CSPD maintains communication with the OR charge nurse regarding any instrument issues and add on surgical cases. Has the ability to trouble shoot any possible equipment issues, will contact the designated department if further repair is needed. Has the ability to troubleshoot, update and clean up data on T-DOC
- Equivalent to High School Diploma preferred
- 3-5 Years’ experience as a Sterile Processing Tech
Licensure and/or Certification
- Current certification in Sterile Processing CRCST or CBSPD
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.