Biller IJob Ref: 17872
Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Department: Patient Accounts
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
The Patient Account Biller I reports to the Patient Accounting Billing Supervisor, and is responsible for all electronic and paper claims submission to all third party payers. The Biller I must be proficient in both verbal and written communication and should possess basic knowledge in third party billing and reimbursement. He/She is responsible for following Emerson Hospital standards for proper account documentation and very good communication skills with management level for reporting issues/concerns with problem accounts.
- HS Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- Work experience may be satisfactory.
- One to three years of billing/collection experience in hospital or medical business office setting.
- Basic knowledge of third party insurance plans and how they relate to inpatient and outpatient benefit structure preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology helpful.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-directed and capable of working without direct supervision.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; and the ability to learn new programs and systems
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Dependable in both production and attendance
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.