Behavioral Health CoachJob Ref: 21701
Category: Behavioral & Mental Health
Department: Physician Hospital Organization
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Under the general direction of Collaborative Care Leadership, the Behavioral Health Coach will be an integral part of the primary care team focused on providing support to patients with mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety. Works collaboratively with the team (including a SW and psychiatrist) to implement evidence-based services for primary care patients utilizing tools and training from the IMPACT Collaborative Care model and Mass General Brigham (MGB), engage/coach patients in self-directed web-based tools, as well as connect patients to community providers when specialty treatment is indicated
- Effectively communicate the intent of the team-based care program to the patient in order to enroll in intervention.
- Conduct patient intake, including gathering information on past behavioral and mental health history and treatment, as well as information regarding pertinent psychosocial factors.
- Demonstrate sound identification of safety concerns and escalate per workflow.
- Leverage strong and efficient case presentation skills to review caseload with the team each week.
- Ensure timely, systematic symptom monitoring of patients enrolled in the program using evidence-based screening tools (e.g., PHQ9, GAD7).
- Use motivational interviewing to identify patient goals and use brief intervention techniques in order to engage patients in achieving their goals.
- Effectively engage primary care providers in referring to the program and collaborate on treatment plans.
- Leverage patient education and shared decision-making tools to assist with patient engagement and adherence to treatment plans.
- Identify barriers to adherence and work with patient on eliminating those barriers.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and standardized data on all patients.
- Manage a target caseload of 60 adult primary care patients.
- Participate in development of maintenance plan with patients to help them maintain healthy lifestyles.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, mental health counseling, psychology and 5 years' experience in relevant setting (health care/behavioral health).
- Ability to communicate effectively with both patients and clinicians in a remote work setting.