Administrative FellowshipJob Ref: 21660
Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Department: Physician Practice Admin
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Under the direction of Emerson Practice Associates (EPA) management, the Administrative Fellowship is a one-year fellowship experience. The Vice President of Emerson Practice Associates will serve as the fellowship preceptor. The fellow will support key initiatives and projects across departments within EPA. The fellow will participate in leadership team meetings, and will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams as well as independently to advance EPA's key strategic goals. Fellows will complete projects designed advance EPA initiatives to enhance overall performance of the EPA organization. The EPA Administrative Fellow will:
• Lead projects that will focus on revenue cycle improvement including charge capture and collections, increased patient volume, expense management and productivity analysis.
• Demonstrate attention to detail, consistency, and meets multiple deadlines in a timely manner.
• Exhibit an understanding of practice management, health industry trends, and an understanding of EPA's organizational structure and mission.
• Work effectively both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Act as a self-starter and demonstrate a willingness to take on new and challenging leadership roles, as well as non-leadership projects and deliverables.
• Build effective health care management skills and the ability to work with administrative leaders, as well as physicians and clinical leaders.
• Education: Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program pursuing a Master's Degree in either Health Administration, Business Administration, Public Health, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Experience: Healthcare experience is a plus.
• Licensure and/or Certification: None
Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Leadership, independence, and initiative.
Excellent written and verbal communication.
Self-motivated and teamwork-oriented.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
Presentation and facilitation skills.
Interest in the management of physician practices.