Unit Based RN Care ManagerJob Ref: 16738
Category: Nurse Case Manager
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day shift
Reporting to the department director, the Care Coordinator is an active member of the medical management team, coordinating quality based, cost effective utilization of services within the hospital setting. He/she offers expertise in areas of reimbursement for medically necessary services, community services and creative problem solving to deal with complex medical needs of patients after hospital discharge.
- Graduate of professional accredited nursing school required.
- BSN preferred
- 3-5 years acute care or community nursing experience required.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Current license as a registered nurse in Massachusetts required.
- CCM preferred
- Communication skills
- Assessment skills
- Critical thinking skill
- Organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work Independently
- Computer skills required
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Establish effective relationships with wide variety of health care providers