Rehab Insurance CoordinatorJob Ref: 17959
Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Department: Physical Therapy
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Reporting to the Director of Rehabilitation Services or designee, the Rehabilitation Insurance Coordinator is responsible for the insurance approvals and follow-up approvals for the rehabilitative therapies. Is responsible for notifying physician offices, patients and therapists as to any needed paperwork, and for notifying or investigating any problems or denials with appropriate patients. Is also responsible to maintain/update list of insurance rules. Interacts with physicians and medical office staff, hospital staff in Rehab. Patient Access, Patient Accounts and Medical Records, patents and their families or significant others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a medical office or hospital working with patients required.
- One to three years of Registration, Hospital Billing preferred.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- None required
- Knowledge of third party payers.
- Knowledge of Medicare billing practices and regulations.
- Insurance verifications experience.
- Knowledge of Insurance billing practices.
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with all organizational levels, with demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work accurately with detailed confidential information.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.