Infection PreventionistJob Ref: 19920
Category: Professional & Management
Department: Quality & Pt Safety
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Hours: 8am to 4:30pm
Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice President of Quality and Safety, with guidance from the Manager of Infection Prevention and Control, the Infection Preventionist shares responsibility for the coordination and implementation of the hospital-wide infection control program. All duties will be performed in a manner that promotes teamwork and reflects the mission and vision of the hospital and the department.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing, public health, epidemiology, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or related field. BSN strongly preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education. Master’s degree preferred.
- Acute healthcare experience required.
- Three years’ experience in Infection Control preferred
- Licensure and/or Certification:
- Current RN license preferred.
- Current Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) certification preferred, or attainment within two years.
- Current Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) membership preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification preferred
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Strong teaching skills.
- Ability to implement evidence-based guidelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Must be able to collaboratively maintain an appropriate database for Infection Prevention and Control surveillance data.
- Skilled at data analysis and performance improvement.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.