Healthcare Data Analyst -Quality & Pt SafetyJob Ref: 18230
Category: Professional & Management
Emerson Hospital, 133 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord, MA 01742
Department: Quality & Pt Safety
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
- Reporting directly to the Manager of Patient Safety, the Healthcare Data Analyst functions to meet the clinical information needs of the hospital and medical staff in their management of hospital performance improvement and patient safety initiatives by creating and maintaining dashboards, updating unit specific quality boards, assisting with the Patient Culture of Safety Survey, and creating reports on quality measures. The Healthcare Data Analyst will function independently and work closely with other hospital and medical staff departments to provide data to individual departments in a meaningful way to facilitate process improvement. All duties will be performed in a manner that promotes teamwork and reflects the mission and vision of the hospital and the department.
- B.S. or B.A. degree is required.
- 1 to 5 years experience in a healthcare organization or system. Excellent computer skills that include knowledge of Meditech Magic, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and safety incident reporting systems within a healthcare environment. Knowledge of RL Solutions, Vizient, Q-Centrix, Tableau, Acmeware and ICD10 codes strongly preferred.
- Licensure and/or Certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to manage data and generate reports
- Ability to create graphs and charts in Excel and Tableau
- Ability to manipulate raw data
- Knowledge of statistical processes and measurement techniques
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- Organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Experienced Computer skills required.