Blood Donor PhlebotomistJob Ref: 21873
Category: Laboratory & Medical Technologist
Department: Donor Room
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day shift
Hours: 7:300 to 400pm
Under the general supervision of the Blood Bank Supervisor and the Blood Donor Coordinator, responsible for all aspects of blood collecting according to specified standards with consideration for the donor's care, comfort and retention, and the quality of the product for the recipient.
High school diploma or equivalent required,
Certified Phlebotomy Training Course completion and certificate preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of Phlebotomy experience required.
- Must have pediatric and adult experience.
- Licensure and/or Certification: Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective phlebotomy skills.
- Must be able to switch priorities and respond to changing needs of the department, including traveling to other locations for assignment. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.